- Calgary Flames 9-6 victory in Game 1 against Oilers. - May 19, 2022
- Tom Cruise granted privileged Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival. - May 19, 2022
- Dallas Mavericks lose to Golden State Warriors in Game 1. - May 19, 2022
Chandigarh, January 25 (News Hunt)- The Punjab government on Tuesday revised the Covid-19 restrictions from January 26 to February 1 and allowed all bars, cinemas halls, multiplexes, malls, restaurants, spas, gyms, sports complexes, museums, zoos etc. to operate at 50 per cent of their capacity subject to all staff present being fully vaccinated.
In the new guidelines, it said social distancing and wearing of masks need to be followed.
a) Wearing of masks by all persons in public places, including workplaces etc. will be mandatory and must be strictly observed and enforced.
b) Social distancing i.e minimum 6 feet distance for all the activities shall always be maintained.
2. Movement of persons – night curfew (10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.) Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shall remain prohibited between 10 pm to 5 am within municipal limits of all the cities and towns of Punjab.
The district authorities are accordingly asked to issue prohibitory orders under section 144 of Cr. PC and ensure strict compliance However, essential activities including operation of multiple shifts in industry, offices etc. (both Government and private), movement of persons and goods on national and state highways and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and aeroplanes will be permitted.
There shall be no restriction on movement of raw materials, finished goods, personnel etc related to manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs, including vaccines and medical devices, diagnostic testing kits etc.
Gatherings shall be restricted to not more than 300 persons (indoors as well as outdoors) subject to an upper limit of 50 per cent of the capacity. These gatherings will be subject to compliance of Covid appropriate behavior.
Online teaching/distance learning to be encouraged
All schools, colleges, universities, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed. However, these institutions are expected to maintain the academic schedule through online teaching.
However, medical and nursing colleges may continue to function normally.
Prohibited/Restricted activities a) All bars, cinemas halls, multiplexes, malls, restaurants, spas, gyms, sports complexes, museums, zoos etc. shall be allowed to operate at 50% of their capacity subject to all staff present being fully vaccinated. b) AC buses will run at 50% of capacity.
6. Principle of no mask – no service
No Service shall be provided in government or private offices to the persons not wearing proper mask.
7. Only passengers who are fully vaccinated, or Covid recovered or with negative RTPCR report of less than 72 hours shall be allowed entry in Punjab.
In case a passenger doesn’t have either of these, RAT testing shall be mandatory. Passengers travelling by flights shall be mandatorily required to be fully vaccinated, or Covid recovered, or with negative RTPCR reports of last 72 hrs.
8. Persons with disabilities and pregnant women employees shall be exempted from attending office but are required to work from home.